Saturday, May 19, 2012

All is well~

Hola~ Long long time since I last updated my blog. Like I said, will be missing in action for 2 weeks of vacation in China~ Finally, after 6 weeks outbound, I am here again infront of my computer, troubled by that mountains of photos waiting to be blogged!

I love traveling, more astutely, I love sightseeing, and of course, great food that follows. Pretty views, magnificent buildings each has a very unique story behind and listening to them while strolling down the scene was pretty much the best enjoyment in the whole wide universe. More importantly, when you realized some great figure had once step foot here and made some significant decisions and act in that particular spot, that feeling is some what exhilarating.

Breathtaking scenery do has an effect of drawing your breath away with their grandiose appearance and domineering outlook. However, it took alot of skills to capture all these beautiful scene, even with the best camera in the world. From composition of the picture, to angle and exposure, each has significant effect on the outcome of your picture. Hence, for most people, the best stories and pictures always reside in their deepest memories because it has the capacity to be expanded and polished. Even for people who has never visited a particular place, our brain always do that little trick of formulating its own version of the scene and times will polish that scene again and again until it was way more perfect than the actual one.  Then one day, when you finally get a chance to be there, you will realize, it was just way too mediocre than the one in your memory and thoughts. On the other hand, a picture will never change, no matter how much the actual situation has subsided, it stills reflects the exact moment the picture was taken. Because of that, I prefer memories which could be preserved eternally and modified to suit my expectation.

The past 6 weeks, I traveled Taiwan and part of China, saw alot of new things and gained alot of new experiences. Some places did not came up to my expectation while some were just much better than what I thought. Perhaps it will take me a very very long time to finish blogging each and everyone of my experiences, to post all those interesting pictures I took throughout my journey. I will just take my own sweet time and enjoy each post while I reminisce all those good old times. Some encounter and people I will definitely miss, while some I hope never to face again. But alas, thats life, a mixture of great and frustrating experiences, which teaches us to be a better person. Nevertheless, just glad that I am home again, to the place I find comfort. 

Finally, I decided to post my entry according to different attractions and themes, and group them into three large categories - 'A Taiwanese Encounter', '江南烟雨(Jiangnan)', and 'The Capital - Beijing'. The itemization for each category could be found on the sidebar of my blog. For those friends who enjoy traveling and food, hope I can at least provide a vague idea of my journey; as for those who simply support my blog, please enjoy~~~ The effect of the past 6 weeks are a great deal of weight gain and tanned~ Otherwise, all is well~~~


Photobucket
Here is a sneak peak for whats coming up soon. Taken in the Great Wall of China...

No comments: