Friday, December 2, 2011

兰姐 (Aunty Lan)

The name first gave me quite some laugh, which apparently made me looked rather foolish alone in front of my computer in the faculty the other night. One of my friend highly recommended them for their very famous home made noodles and Durian Cheese Cake, which gave me expectation and something to hope and wait for during these thoughtless periods.

I have always love Durian, but Durian with cheese?! Never knew there exist such a combination. Anyway, quite disappointing the day I went, their Durian Cheese Cake was sold out! Things can't get any better these days, I guess.....


Photobucket
Their outlet in Kajang, another branch in Damansara...




Photobucket
Their signature dishes Korea Kimuchi Homemade noodles....




Photobucket
Another Bummer of the day, we did not order their famous noodles, instead just some ordinary dry homemade noodles.




Photobucket
Here it is~




Photobucket
The whole thing looked so depressing




Photobucket
Only the chicken tasted super nice~Crispy and well marinated.....Great!




Photobucket
No doubt is homemade, texture wise quite elastic, but still, with the dry sauce, everything just appeared mediocre.




Photobucket
This fella lagi bummer~ Ordered rice in a noodle shop~




Photobucket
The sauce was pretty good....but see all the cholesterol~




Photobucket
Dragon fruit cheese cake ....... new to me, but not enlightening




Photobucket
Strawberry Chocolate




Photobucket
This one better~~~~




Photobucket
Green tea...which tasted like plain water

Overall, not as good as promised.... but their cakes really have pretty good texture, if only I can have a bite on their Durian Cheese~ Sigh......

2 comments:

-kuanpeng- said...

My comment on the durian cheesecake: Mehhh~~~~

I tried the 'Kimuchi' noodle something something, and i thought it tasted like Shin korean instant noodles plus some fishballs, fishcakes and veggie.. so, another 'Mehhh~~~'But okla, since I like the taste. But not so much of authentic Korean taste, I think.

=)

X'tra Large said...

Fuiyoh~
spoken like a professional Budu eater~